Review: Grey Gillio Giramondo

Since I learned and started  using the traveler's notebook back in 2014, I have fallen in love with the system and given up all my ring binders.  I love the rustic and freedom of the traveler's notebook, yet, I miss the functionality the ring binders offers.  A traveler's notebook is basically a piece of leather with elastic strings holding the notebook.  I have been searching for a leather notebook that offers high quality leather with pockets.  Let me tell you, the journey isn't easy.  I have gone through several sleepless nights browsing on etsy, instagram, pinterest and facebook and purchased several different notebooks from various artisans.  None of the notebooks won my heart  until I met Gillio Giramondo.
 
Here is my Giramondo in Grey Epoca Leather 


Gillio Giramondo comes with a sturdy box and dust bag just like a premium designer handbags  
Inside of the notebook has four credit card pockets on the left with a full length large pocket and a secretarial pocket on the right.  My Giramondo is an older version with black felt inside where the current version is full grain leather

A closer look of the Gillio mark on the left side

The back of the secretarial pocket show the raw finish of the leather

Gillio has two riveted holes top and bottom which offers four elastic strings to hold the notebook.  The closure is at the back

Two full length and two shorter length elastics


A side view to show the thickness of the leather and also the edge finish.  The left side is a slightly thicker than the right side as the left side has four business card holders.  The edge is finished with some sort of seal. 


The edge seal and the stitching is the matching color of the leather.
 

 What's in my Giramondo?

Notesbooks from left to right: a six pockets folder, 1 week on one page with notes, 1 lined notebook, 1 blank notebook, pencil board, project life card, 2 business card size washi tape samples, oli clip, pen and a monkey knot bookmark

My notebooks--Top left: Journal, Top right: Week on one with notes, Bottom: common place


Inside layout before all the notebooks move in

My everyday carry

The total thickness of the notebook is around 1.25".  I still have room to put more notebooks in without overhang. 
 

Why I love my Gillio Giramondo

Leather Quality and Craftsmanship
Giramondo is made out of Italian Epoca vegetable dyed leather and it comes with a certificate and serial number.  Some people might not care, but I think the serial # and certificate shows the quality and confident Gillio stands for their product.  The Giramondo I own shows wrinkles on the surface, yet, the touch is smooth.  The craftsmanship of my Giramondo is impeccable.  I am super picky when it comes to leather goods.  When I got this notebook, I exam every corner, connecting point, edges and sewing and cannot find any flaws. 
Certificate with Serial #

Wrinkles on the leather


Functionality, Design and Weight
Unlike traditional traveler's notebook, Gillio incorporates ring binder ideas into Giramondo.  It comes with credit card pockets, full length pocket and secretarial pockets.  I do not need to buy other folder inserts to hold my loss papers.  The design of the notebook is very clean, classic and simple which make it as a timeless piece.  On top of all those, the weight of this leather cover is a lot lighter compare with others I own.

Resources Center

If you are interested to learn more about Gillio products, here is a list of sites I go to:

Gillio Official Website: To see a complete line of what Gillio offers.  Don't forget to check out Gillio Blog on the site as well
Gillio Facebook Page: To see all the announcement and promotion info
Gillio Market Place: Second hand market place to get pre-loved Gillio products. 


Blogs Reviews
Gillio Giramondo & Van der Spek Nomad - Comparison Review - Travellers Notebook Times
Review of the Gillio Giramondo, plus giveaway and discount  - My Life All in One Place
Gillio Giramondo Review & Setup - The Peaceful Parent
Gillio Giramondo Epoca Burgundy: Set Up - Thevinnese.net

YouTube Reviews
Travelers notebook set up in my Gillio Giramondo - Nancy Zarroli
Gillio Giramondo Unboxing & Side by Side comparison with Midori Travellers Notebook - Little bird studio
The Gillio Giramondo - My Journal - The Littleink

xoxo
Kat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Plan for 2019? Jibun Techo Mock up in Filofax Ring Planner for Fall

Planner Collection Part 1: Van Der Spek Fever

Gillio A6 Compagna vs VDS Un-Widen Senior